Monday, November 25, 2013

Bringing the Holidays into your Writing~



As a writer of paranormal romance, I love setting my story's time-frame during many different seasons. There is so much you can bring into the plot. Whether it be a monstrous villain, an ancient folk tale or a ghost from the past—or buried memories, the possibilities are endless.
Loving the Halloween season, many of my novels are centered during that time of the year. The nights are shorter—the trees are changing, there’s spookiness in the air, setting the perfect scene. Another of my favorites is Mardi Gras time. New Orleans is a stunning city with so much history a writer can explore.
Also enjoying the winter holidays, I’ll pen short stories on my blog centering it during the Christmas season. So much can be explored and revealed about a character. Penning Lucian’s Journal is such a joy for me to write. I also will bring this time of the year into the ending of some of my books when it fits within the plot.
So… with Thanksgiving only days, I thought I’d share one of my simple recipes for a scrumptious Carmel Apple Pie 
Ingredients:

2 cans of Comstock apple pie filling

1 box of Pillsbury Pie Crusts

 9” glass pie dish

Hershey’s Caramel syrup

11/2 TBS of sugar

(If you like a cinnamon hint add to your liking)



1-Heat oven to 425F, place one crust into the ungreased pie dish. Press firmly against side and bottom.

2- Mix the 2 cans of apples, 1 TBS of sugar and 1 TBS of caramel syrup in a mixing bowl, after mixed spoon into the pie dish.

3-Take your other crust and place on top, crimping the edges together. Be sure to make several slits in the top so the pie can breathe.

4- Finish off by drizzling caramel over the top, and sprinkle the remainder of sugar.

5- Bake pie for 40 to 45 min (you can over edges of crust with foil after 15 min of cooking to prevent excessive browning).

6- Once pie is finished cooking cool dish on a cooling rack for 2 hours.


Enjoy…

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday~

  



No comments: