Monday, April 7, 2014

The Faster I go, the Be-hinder I get.




Have you ever felt like your running , but getting no where? That's my life, in general.
I am in the process of working my way through a re-write, and not because I was told that it needed to be done.

I fell victim to a virus and it decided to take away half of my second book in my Guardian's of Hope Series, Last Chance to Run.
This is very frustrating, but what makes it worse is that I pitched this story and have three publishers that requested a full read.

See my dilemma?

I am now in re-write hell but with my busy life throwing that into the pile just makes me feel like one of those mice on the endless wheel in the cage.

When I decided to write my first story I never realized everything that actually went into the process, or all the problems that could arise. 

But I love writing, and my life was a hectic mess before I took on this wonderful, mind blowing distraction.

You see I have five children, four grandchildren and a husband that insists on eating every night and wearing clean clothes. Now put a farm filled with animals and a sister with MS that lives with me and depends on me for her daily care. Oh, I also forgot to tell you that I have a full time job that keeps me out of the house, and away from the computer for 9 hours a day. 

Wow, I'm tired just reading it, but I don't know what I would do without every little distraction and road block that I stumble over every day.

I use my writing as my mental escape. My mental yoga. It keeps me sane. Well on a good day. But I love seeing my stories come to life so I will continue writing because it keeps me grounded.

I will just need to drink more coffee, and eat more chocolate. Sounds like a great idea right now so I'm off to fill my cup, grab a dark chocolate power bar and dive into my story.  
Thanks for listening to my mini melt down.

Hope you have a great week, and I'll see you next time.

Lynda

No comments: