Monday, August 26, 2013

The Thought Process I Use When Creating A Character~



The Thought Process I Use When Creating A Character~

Continued…
So Jordan is now once again in her home-town… ready to confront her past.  When developing this part of the story, I did a lot of research first. Though my novels are fiction, how characters react to his or her life-changing events, I believe is very important.  A victim can deal with what has happened to them in many different ways. Some keep their experience hidden from others, some completely shut down and some block out the entire incident. Wanting Jordan to be portrayed as a strong character—yet the trauma she suffered leaving her scarred, her return home needed to be told in just the right way.
I began with Jordan reconnecting with her dearest friends. This gave my readers an insight to her past. In telling her story in such a way, this allowed me to develop my minor characters. Using conversational dialogue between characters so much can be expressed. For me, I prefer this form of writing to inform my readers of important details and unveil character personalities. Here you can create chapters that have your readers laughing and also bring a tear to their eye. And if done just right that reader becomes lost within the story.
As an avid reader, I believe a novel should never flow as if it were a text-book. But that’s just me…

Please visit my website:



Coming this October...
            My first ghostly murder thriller...


No comments: