Sunday, January 6, 2013

Setting goals for the New Year


I find myself pondering on what my New Years resolutions should be this year. I make them and then life seems to get in the way.  My intentions are always good, but by mid January they just get set aside. But it is the end of another year and I should set a few. 



I want to make goals that I know I can achieve. We’ve all made the resolutions that go be the way side after a few weeks. How many of us have joined a gym to stop going after the first month? I remember how I was going to exercise every day when I bought my treadmill. Well let me tell you it is a great place to dry sweaters. So my goals are going to be things I want to do, and enjoy doing.  Not that I don’t enjoy a good walk, or feel better after eating a salad instead of French fries. I just know that once I sit on my couch the walk will not happen, and a salad takes more effort some nights then I want to put towards dinner.
I reviewed what I wanted to achieve in 2012 and out of the six on my list I met three of them, the top three. I completed my first book and got my first contract, and became a published author. Now how do I top that?
I’m looking at this new year resolution as a way to resolve an issue or finish a task. So this year I plan on finishing the three books I’m working on. Complete the editing process on my finished novel, and to publish two more by the end of 2013. These are tangible goals, but I have a lot of work to do before I get there.
So I’m going to get my desk organized. My calender in line, and my day planner set. Then I’m going to begin my goal list and start working my way down until I hit the bottom. I’ll make it by the end of 2013 as long as my day job does not get in the way.  :)

My first goal is to publish my first full length novel and I will achieve that one February 16,2013  with the release of Rescued from the Dark through Black Opal Books.


BLURB:
She has no memory of their love...


Kidnapped by terrorists and sent into a drug-induced coma, FBI intern Mercy Kingsley awakes with no memory of her ordeal—or the intimate interlude that got her pregnant. Convinced her child was fathered by her ex-fiance, she walks away from the only man she has ever loved, determined to make things work with her ex, a man the FBI suspects is implicated in her abduction.


He knows the truth, but no one will listen...


FBI undercover Agent Jason Michaels remembers what Mercy can’t and those memories are breaking his heart. Forced to keep his distance from his lover and their unborn child, Jason risks his life to protect Mercy from a cell of international terrorists who want the secrets locked in her memory and have vowed to get them, no matter the cost. Can Jason convince Mercy to trust him until she remembers their past, or will he lose her to a man who’ll trap her in a nightmare world of darkness from which there is no escape?

I hope your New Years resolution list is full of achievable goals for your upcoming year.

 Until Next time.
Lynda Kaye Frazier
Writing is my passion, Read

1 comment:

hotcha12 said...

MY GOD THE SHOOTING WERE JUST AWFUL! TAB GREAT GOING! MY RESOLUTION IS TO REVIEW 400 BOOKS AND I'M AT 12@