Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How Many Times Do Author's Change Book Titles?

I've been wrestling with the title of my current WIP and wondering, how many times do author's change their book titles? I know that a publisher might suggest a new title after they've accepted the manuscript, although such has never happened to me. Knock on wood.

Still, I've changed the title of my WIP twice already. I now that titles do matter to readers, because besides the cover, the title might catch my attention as well when I'm looking for something new to read. I saw an awkward title of a book some time back and it definitely turned me off.

I've heard some authors say the true genius of finding a great title lies in some special words within the story after the entire book is written. I can see the wisdom of this approach. Perhaps, I should just wait until I've finished Sindriel's story to really know what to call it.

It's tempting to spend a lot of time figuring out a title, but it actually doesn't matter as much as getting the book written. *sheepish grin* Yeah, which means that I'm off to work the true meat of my WIP. Lol. Sorry, that came out dirty for some reason. *shrug*

I write erotic romance, what can I say?  :-)

Happy reading,
MaryCorrales

Romance Author Lifestyle
Twitter

Mary Corrales writes erotic romance in multiple genres including paranormal and contemporary suspense.


No comments: