Sunday, October 9, 2011
Gimme that world!
I find myself reading a particular author because of the fantastic worlds she can build. Creative, believable, and unique. To go back and visit, time and time again, through sequels or series. When you’ve read the last page, and wish it’d never end.
So you buy the next book, or wait for the next release.
There have been a few authors who take me on just such a voyage, ones that I keep thinking about long after the book is finished. Sometimes, even, a few books later.
Those are the writers who are truly gifted. Some of my favorites are (in no particular order):
• JR Ward – The Black Dagger Brotherhood series & Fallen Angels series
• Cherry Adair – T-FLAC series
• Karen Marie Moning – Fever series
• Jacqueline Frank – All of her series
• And my crit partner, Brenda Dyer, who’s work isn’t published yet but I know soon will be – The Prophecy series
Which author have you read, and then gone back for more?