Monday, March 28, 2016

An Easter surprise visit

Easter is a time for rebirth and new beginnings. This year is all about new beginnings for me because we just made a big move. We downsized. I'm not going to miss the house as much as I'm going to miss my huge Palo Verde tree (aka The Tree of Life) and all of the wildlife that gathered beneath that beautiful tree. There were the large desert iguanas, Mr. and Mrs. Godzilla, owls, and a multitude of birds that visited our old backyard. I was bummed about leaving all of that behind, but today I had hope that I will have some new backyard wildlife to interact with and enjoy. As I watered the new Palo Verde tree growing on our back slope at the new house, a hummingbird appeared, then there were two hummingbirds bathing in the water's spray. I managed to capture a picture of one of them. It was a magical experience and a sign of the new experiences to come. Happy Easter!


My hummingbird visitor.


Kelley Heckart
Otherworldly tales steeped in myth & magic.



No comments: