Monday, November 23, 2015

Fighting off the Blues as an #Author

Everyone has down days. It's those times when you're just not happy, the writing isn't happening, and you don't feel like you're getting anywhere in your dreams or life. Pretty harsh assessment? Yes, it is, but it's also truthful.

Now, what can we do about it?
How about chasing off that depression with the broom of perspective? For myself, I had to step back and realize a few truths when a slump hits me.

1.      I'm loved. I have a wonderful, supportive family, and great friends. It's not the number of people who care for you that matter, it's that they love you as you love them. You can get through any hard time when you have someone at your back.

2.      I'm a published author. How may in this world can say they've accomplished such a dream? I can look at my book covers and see my name printed right on the front. That's me. *grin* It's good to remember our triumphs. I've always loved writing. Now, I write and people read my books. How amazing is that!

Do you have kids? They are you. You brought life to this world. A little bit of you will go on in this world. That's no small feat. Be proud.

3.      Ups and downs are normal, and never last. Sometimes we want life to be all about the good. We want every day to be fantastic and exciting, but that's not life. Today may be boring, stressful, or downright crappy, but it won't last.

The beginning of this year was seriously bad for me, but I look back on it now and think "I got through it and here I am". Don't be discouraged if you're having a bad day, week, month; it always gets better. That's the nature of life…ever changing.

How do you beat the blues when they come around? Perspective is sometimes difficult to find in the midst of the darkness. Sometimes it just takes stopping for a quiet moment to see the light around you.

Mary Corrales



Mary Corrales is a multi-published author of erotic romance in a several genres including paranormal and contemporary suspense. She loves to chat with readers on Twitter.

No comments: