- I *joined* a sisterhood of writers at an up-and-coming publisher, Prairie Rose Publications. In doing so, I returned to my original writing roots: western historical romance. It feels good to be *home*.
- I wrote three western romance short stories for Prairie Rose Publications that were included in anthologies. With the rise in e-readers and the capability to read on cell phones, the short story and the micro story are hot right now. I'm pleased to be riding that wave. *grin*
- For the second year in a row, I had a free download micro story included in a holiday-themed anthology with the international writing group, Exquisite Quills.
- My Hand-Me-Down Family recipe was included in the Bake, Love, Write book (edited by Lois Winston).
- I made three quickie promo videos that I shared with my compatriots in two of my anthologies and for the recipe book authors.
- But what I'm really pleased about is...
- I've received the rights back on five of my books/novellas. This was a big decision for me, because it left me with only two novellas in circulation (not counting Prairie Rose anthologies). But I understand so much more about the whole business of writing than I did back in 2005 when I waded into the ocean of publishing, that I'm better prepared to take control of my writing career and made informed decisions rather than the I'm-so-excited-to-be-published decisions. I know the ins and outs of editing and how to interact with editors, and I'm well-versed in self-marketing now. I have big plans for these five stories. My goal is to have each story ready as a second edition and republished in 2015.
It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out for me. As they say, time will tell.
Twitter - @kayespencer