Saturday, March 1, 2014

Writing for the Love of It…



Writing for the Love of It…
Since I began penning my stories over ten years ago it has fulfilled me in ways you cannot imagine. So when your life becomes overwhelmed with other priorities, when do you find the time to write? Since January 2014 that has been my dilemma… Normally I am very good at balancing all the challenges set before me. However, lately my writing has been on hold.
It’s not that the ideas are not in my head… it’s finding the time to sit at my computer and write. The everyday responsibilities of my full-time job and taking care of my home is second nature to me. But when my 1 ½ year old Rotti tore her CCL two weeks before the holidays that changed everything... First we tried conservative treatment for a number of weeks. With no improvement, our only choice was for her to undergo TPLO surgery. We are now going into week four of recovery, which is the half way point through the eight weeks of rest and very restricted activity.  I am very blessed to have found a wonderful surgeon to perform the repair and Theia is doing awesome! With her resting very comfortably in her crate and having the entire house to myself, today I may find an hour or two to once again start writing.
So today I realized stressing out over not being able to find the time to work on your writing only raises your blood pressure. Sometimes you just need to go with the flow of things until your life returns to normal. 
Theia~ 3 weeks after her surgery...        


  
  

No comments: