Monday, December 2, 2013

Reflecting back on the last year

November 17 was a milestone for me. I hit my first year of publishing. Four books in a year.  I wasn't one of those authors that sold a hundred thousand books and hit a ton of lists, but I had a great year. I've touched readers with my stories, and I did even peek on Amazon's top 100 in romantic suspense with Baby Stetson.  The last half of the year I had some great exposure. This year, I didn't spend a lot of time/money on marketing.  I spent that time creating myself a back list. Next year, I'll try to learn marketing better and get myself out there. I barely came close to 1000 books sold this year, and that's fine. I'll work for a better goal next year.

This will be a short post, but I'm happy with the way my year turned out. Could it have been better? Well of course, but I take things as they come. I'm edging my foot in the door and will strive for bigger goals next year.

By the way, I'm having a huge reader appreciation giveaway on my Facebook page to celebrate one year. I want to give back to readers that have taken a chance on me. Come on over and check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/NikkiLynnBarrettauthor?ref=hl

No comments: