Monday, December 30, 2013

Kaye Spencer's plans for 2014: I feel good. I feel great. I feel wonderful.

Not long ago, I watched the movie What About Bob? for the umpteenth time. Although presented in a tongue-in-cheek way, this movie has important messages about pushing past our fears and insecurities in order to embrace all life has to offer.

Part way through the movie, I paused it to look back on the last months of 2012 and most of 2013. It was a difficult time for me professionally and personally. It’s easy for me to wallow in the memories of all the bad that happened (real or blown out of proportion because perspective is reality).

Like Bob, I found myself bogged down with negative thinking, which breeds negative habits—not a productive way to live. So, also like Bob did by the end of the movie, I’ve come to terms with most of the negative that came my way, and I’m working on focusing on the positive…old attitudes die hard.

Here are the five Life messages to take away from this movie. My thoughts are first, with the corresponding movie quote in italics.

We should all have a mantra that keeps us grounded.
                 I feel good. I feel great. I feel wonderful.

Generally speaking, people are people are people.
                I have problems the same as you.

In the business of day-to-day living, it's easy to dwell on the negative rather than celebrate the positive.
               Take a vacation from your problems.

When our problems seem insurmountable, we should step back and just breathe to regain perspective.
               So what you’re telling me is that I’m all tied up inside...baby steps untie your knots.

Sometimes, we complicate the issues in our lives by over-thinking, when the core of the problem is really quite simple.
               There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't.

So here's to 2014...
One little
 


at a time.

Until next month,

Kaye

Fall in love…faster, harder, deeper with Kaye Spencer romances
www.kayespencer.com

Twitter: @kayespencer

No comments: