Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Meet The Stars of Unscripted


We are here today talking with Riley and Blythe from Unscripted – Duty Bound Book One. Welcome to Nocturnal Nights. It’s a pleasure to meet you both.

Riley: I'm Riley. Nice to meet you.

Blythe: And I'm Blythe. It’s our pleasure to be here.

(Tabby) This is going to be so much fun. Time for Tabby to do a little prying. She rubs her hands together.

(Tabby) Riley I hear you won a contest and that's how you started writing for Wild Rescue. That must have been exciting. Can you tell us a little about that?

Riley: First, let me say that Wild Rescue is an awesome television show, and it's my favorite. The characters are amazing, their adventures are thrilling, and I'm on the edge of my seat the entire episode.

Blythe: (Blythe laughs) As you can see, Riley is a fan, and that makes her a terrific writer. It was a stroke of genius on her part to enter the Wild Script Contest.

Riley: Not sure about the genius part, but thank you, Blythe. The producer of Wild Rescue had sponsored a contest in which anyone could submit a script of the show for consideration. I've always dreamed of becoming a "real" writer, and I've been writing for years, so I couldn't resist the opportunity, not that I honestly believed I'd be chosen. When Martin, the producer, sent me an invitation to discuss a possible contract, I was thrilled. I flew to Winnipeg and the first person I met was Blythe. Picking me up at the airport had been his punishment for being late at the studio.

Blythe: I wouldn't call meeting you a punishment, but when I first saw you, I wasn't sure you'd survive your meeting with Martin. He can be ruthless when he's in a bad mood, and that morning he was in a terrible mood. I'm glad you proved me wrong.

(Tabby) I love a girl that can hold her own. Nothing wrong with that.

(Tabby) Riley who is your favorite actor on the show? I know who mine would be. Her attention turns to Blythe and she bats her eyelashes.

Riley: If I say Blythe, it'll go to his head, so I'll say it's a tie between Dylan and Nick. (Riley whispers) Don't tell Blythe, but his character Carson is my favorite.

(Tabby) Mine too! (Tabby giggles)

Blythe: (Blythe laughs) What about Bella?

(Tabby) Raises her brows waiting for his answer.

Riley: She's every man's favorite actress. (Riley rolls her eyes) She doesn't need my vote.

(Tabby)  Yeah…well some girls have all the luck. Moving on.

(Tabby) Blythe as the star of Wild Rescue can you tell us what the show is about?

Blythe: Wild Rescue is a popular Canadian television Series that fictionalized the lives and tribulations of a search and rescue team. I play Carson, the pragmatic technical expert. Our team leader is Roch, played by Dylan Stanko. Nick Jensen plays Luke, the most eligible bachelor on the show.

Riley: Luke has a charming British accent and dimples to die for. Women are crazy about him.

(Tabby) Closes her eyes and sighs.

Blythe: Better him than me.

(Tabby) I have a hard time believing you don't enjoy all those women fawning over you just a tiny bit. 

Riley: (Riley laughs) I think you forgot to mention the fourth member of your team. Bella's character, Vivian.

(Tabby) I have to admit she is very beautiful.

Blythe: Any chance I could convince you to rewrite the show and let me forget about Bella all together?

Riley: (Renewed laughter) Nice try.

(Tabby) I don’t think that would go over too well. I mean the men need someone to drool over too. It’s only fare.

(Tabby) Blythe I also hear you do your own stunts. Wow! That must be dangerous but I bet women eat it up. What's it like living on the wild side?

Blythe: (Blythe whispers) This is a rather touchy subject at the moment, but to have the chance of experiencing every aspect of my character's life is awesome.

(Tabby) I bet it is an adrinaline rush. Unlike me I’m just a writer. She glances at Riley. Sorry no offence.

Riley: (Riley winces) Your boat blew up before you disembarked, Blythe. I wouldn't call that awesome.

Blythe: Could we skip to the next question, please?

(Tabby) Shakes herself. Oh…oh…sure. Moving on.

(Tabby) Blythe what's it like working with Bella?

Blythe: It's worse than arguing with Riley. Let's go back to the boat explosion that nearly killed me.

(Tabby) Grabs her sides as she laughs aloud.  That bad huh?

Riley: (Riley laughs) Bella is a beautiful and talented actress, Blythe. Don't you love working with her?

Blythe: She's a cougar. She shouldn't be on the loose.

(Tabby) Oh my! Hope we aren’t sued over this interview when she sees it. Now its time to get down to a tough question.  Blythe and Riley both look at each other with concern.

(Tabby) This one is for both of you. I hope I don't get in to much trouble asking this question but I can't resist. Just how close are you two? The rumor mill has been working over time.

Blythe: Riley only works at the studio three days a week. When she's in town, we go to the restaurant together. We're friends. If it'd be Nick having dinner with me once or twice a week while my wife is in the hospital, people would call him a good friend, but because Riley is a woman…(sigh of frustration)

(Tabby) I can see your point. Some people don’t think men and women can be friends but I beg to differ.

Riley: I don't live in Winnipeg, I fly in on Monday morning and out on Wednesday night. Blythe is the only friend I have here. If not for him, I'd be ordering Room Service and eat alone. I wish Paul would stop spreading rumors about us.

(Tabby) Tabbys eyes light up. Paul? May I ask who's Paul? Is he a fellow actor?

Riley: Paul is another writer on Wild Rescue. If he were an actor, I'd chop off his character's head.

(Tabby) Oh wow! That’s harsh. Tabby leans closer to Riley. Tell me more.

Blythe: (Blythe laughs) That's one scene I'd love to see.

(Tabby) Blythe, you mentioned your wife is in the hospital. Are both your families off-limits, or can we talk about them?

Blythe: My wife was shot and she's in a coma. (Blythe clears his throat) This isn't an easy time for me, which is why I enjoy talking with Riley. She's a great listener, and she also has a very fascinating family.

(Tabby) I’m so sorry to hear that. Really Tabby glances at Riley. Do tell!

Riley: My family life revolves around fire, Blythe, it's not that fascinating.

(Tabby) If I may, I will disagree with you, Riley. Most people are fascinated by fire.

Riley: Firefighters' wives don't enter that category and I was married twice to firefighters. My second husband is now a fire inspector, but our son wants to leave university and enter firefighter school and our daughter, she's a geology student, wants to go to Iceland to study volcanoes. Their "heated" career paths are not helping me sleep at night.

Tabby laughs. As a mother I can totally understand that.

(Tabby) Then we'll switch to something more relaxing. What are some of your favorite things to do in your spare time?  Both of you. I'm sure fans would love to know.

Riley: I live in an old ranch that needs constant repairs. I love to fix things, go for a run or a ride with my mare in the shadows of the Rocky Mountains.

(Tabby) Oh I love horses!

Blythe: My sister has twin boys. They're eight years old, and I love spending time with them.

Riley: (Riley whispers) From what I hear, Blythe spoils them.

(Tabby) That’s so cute! Blythe grumbles. Oops…moving on.

(Tabby) Riley what's it like to work with famous actors? Were you star struck in the beginning?

Riley: The first time I walked into Arctica Productions Studio and rubbed shoulders with all those glamorous actors, I felt so out of place. For a moment, I wondered what possessed me to enter that contest. Blythe might not have realized it, but he helped me to fit in.

(Tabby) That is so sweet. I love a guy with a sensitive side.

Blythe: Riley is a very creative and talented writer. She belongs on the show.

(Tabby) I’ve seen the show and have to agree with you on that one.

(Tabby) Let’s get personal. Riley tell us one thing about you that no one knows. Don't hold back inquiring minds want to know.

Riley: Let's see… I carry a Swiss Army knife everywhere I go.

Blythe: And she's very handy with it.

(Tabby) Why do I feel there's a story behind the knife? She arches her brows.

Riley & Blythe: (both laughing)

(Tabby) Shrugs her shoulders. I see you won't share. Blythe tell us one thing about you that no one knows. Don't hold back fans are chomping at the bit to know what makes you tick.

Blythe: I never film on location without my special baseball cap.

Riley: (Riley whispers) It's a gift from his nephews.

(Tabby) See I was right he does have a sensitive side. The ladies are going to love this interview. It has been so much fun getting to know you both better. We will close with one more question.

(Tabby) Is there anything else you both would like to add or say to your fans?

Blythe: There are incredible episodes coming up on Wild Rescue. Stay Tune.

Riley: Like Blythe said, Stay Tune.

It was such a joy talking to you both on NN. I hope the show stays on top and you both have lucrative careers ahead of you. I will be glued to my T.V. set every week.

Riley: Thank you!

Blythe: And thank you for having us here today. We had a great time.

Please feel free to ask Riley or Blythe any questions you have or even better ask the author that wrote the wonderful characters J.S. Marlo. Don’t forget if you enjoyed this interview as much as I did…then I know you will love Unscripted.






***BLURB***

"Shaped by fire. Bound by duty. Driven by love." Riley's tumultuous life rivals the television scripts she writes for Wild Rescue.

After a bullet shatters his world, actor Blythe Huxley befriends Riley Kendrick, a new writer on the television show Wild Rescue, never expecting to discover a kindred spirit.
        
No stranger to tragedy, Riley lends a compassionate ear to Blythe's difficulties and soon becomes entangled in a web of illicit affairs and deadly intrigue.
        
When an arsonist and a killer both strike, Riley's fate intertwines with Blythe's, and her life and her heart hang in the balance. Will they be able to protect their past? And save their future?



 ***BIO***
Born and raised in a small French Canadian town, J.S. Marlo spent her childhood reading and daydreaming stories, but after high school, she set aside pen and paper to earn a business degree.



Military wife and mother of three spirited children, J.S. faced many challenges as her young family moved back and forth across the country.  The "memorable" adventures she experienced fueled her imagination and rekindled her passion for writing.



J.S. Marlo is now settled down with her husband in northern Alberta from where she enjoys writing and visiting her grown children…and her little granddoggie.




***BUY LINKS***





I had so much fun J.S. It was apleasure to have you on NN.

Happy Reading and Writing,
Tabitha Blake

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great interview! I bought this and her other book as well, she is a new author to me, but her writing sounds great. Happy4th of July!

J.S. Marlo said...

Thank you, Suzanne, and thank you Tabby!

My characters had so much fun doing this interview.

Tabitha Blake said...

You are so welcome J.S. I had a lot of fun too.

Tabitha Blake said...

I can't wait to read this book. I just love the characters!

Brenda said...

Wow. Wow. Wow! Loved the interview and I HAVE to read this book because the characters sound awesome!

J.S. Marlo said...

Thanks Brenda. You made Riley's and Blythe's day!