Thursday, June 21, 2012

Raven Bower is on the blog with me today. Welcome to Tabby's, Raven. So glad to have you.
I have a few questions prepared for you so answer them truthfully -- because this is the paranormal and we'll know if you're lying.

Do you believe in ghosts?

 A: I’ve had several experiences with ghosts, spirits (of the animal sort) and other eh, lets say less friendly entities, so I’d have to say that I not only believe but know.


If you could be an animal, what would it be?

 A: A dragon! Okay, depending on what mythos you believe a dragon might not technically be an animal but still! Can you imagine? Cuddling in your lair reading books forever! And goodness, how many books you could write over nearly eternity. And best of all you could eat critics! With or without ketchup :D


Where do you research for your books?

A: Every feasible place. Usually I start out with good old Google and hunt down the basics. Then branch out from there accordingly. Usually I do interviews with experts – for instance with Apparitions and Wendigo I grilled an Exorcist about ghosts and demons and the Church’s philosophy on ‘gifted’ people to ensure my world building meshed with reality.

For almost all of my books I’ve picked the brains of various Law Enforcement officers to ensure that my information on the legal side was correct. Sometimes I intentionally blur the line for a more dramatic story but hey, it is fiction not a treatise on Procedures.


How do you describe your writing style?

 A: Character and action orientated. I follow the old adage, ‘Skip what you skim.’ Which means when I’m reading a novel and an author goes into too much detail or explanation and my eyes start to gloss over to the point where I start skipping a head to see where the story begins again, that’s the type of thing I skip in my writing. Or cut during the revision or editing process, either or.

What do you think makes a good story?
A: Relatable, round characters who drive the plot and story forward. Characters I love to love or love to hate. And although we all know a solid hero and/or heroine is necessary, I believe that an equally solid and real villain is just as pivotal to an engaging story.


Primal

Pursued by a ruthless crime lord after witnessing the murder of an FBI agent, Wrey must rebuild the life they stole from her. When she meets mysterious Arvon Night, her precious new life unravels as she’s thrust into a web of betrayal, lust and violence.

Arvon knows he must slay Wrey to keep his secret safe from those who hunt him. Each hour his enemies stalk closer, ready to kill.

Can Wrey’s powers of nature and spirit help her survive the yearning and dangerous Arvon and the tide of peril he brings with him? Or will an opportunistic hitman take advantage of them both?

Thanks for coming on with us today.

You can find out more about Raven's stories on herwebsite: http://www.ravenbower.com/

And you can purchase Primal on AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/Primal-ebook/dp/B0081C6CLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336483599&sr=8-1

4 comments:

Kary Rader said...

Raven - Thanks for coming on today.

Melissa Limoges said...

Oohh nice interview, ladies. The book sounds really good.

Brenda said...

Excellent, excellent interview!

Raven Bower said...

Thanks for inviting me! Love this site :)