Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012, I see awesome things happening.

I must apologize for dropping the ball on my last post. In that I totally forgot. Didn't realize it until a day or so later. Frantically emailing Tabby, apologizing like good canadian I am, about my lapse of memory, but she was super cool about it. Cuz she's a super cool gal.

It almost happened again today. I could have sworn on my first born that today was the 3rd. I had a whole day to tinker away at my post. Deciding whether or not to do a contest post, or a book review, or maybe even a little ditty about my writing woes. There are many, unfortunately, but that comes with the territory, no?

But when I logged on to Facebook, I noticed a friend status, wishing her little girl a happy birthday. 'But her birthday isn't until tomorrow,' I thought. But when her hubby put up the same status, I knew my disremembering flared up again. The kids are still on holidays, and I'm still recovering from the craziness that is our Christmas. But I could have sworn today was the 3rd.

Well, it isn't and here I am half way through the 4th, feeling like I've lost a day. Does this ever happen to you? It seems to be happening to me more and more lately. I've got too much in my mind I guess. A lot of it has to do with writing. Mostly how I'm going to find time to sit down and tap away at my blue duct taped laptop.

So, with the time of year in mind, I'd like to make a New Year's resolution. To not rely solely on remembering, but to write everything down. Clearly just hoping the thought will stay stuck in my head isn't working. I'm going to invest in some neon post-its and start jotting dates, numbers, ideas down as soon as I'm aware of them.

What do you do to keep all of life's little details in order? Any suggestions for me?

Hoping I remember my kids names by the end of the day,
Duckie

p.s. next post will be contests and workshops. If you know of any upcoming events, email me at duckiesmail (at) gmail (dot) com

2 comments:

Brenda said...

LOL, oh man, as the years fly by my memory is getting crappier and crappier. I have to write every thing down.

Duckie said...

its brutal! hubby makes fun of me...i've always been a bit of a space cadet, but this is just getting ridiculous!