Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Southern Man Part Two By Patsy Anne



Here is a link to Part One: 


Part Two:

Amanda’s parties were always exciting but this one seemed to be going on for a considerably long time. There were all kinds of creatures mingling, talking and laughing. Everything from monsters to zombies and many other creatures that lurk in the dark. 

As I scanned the crowd, I noticed Amanda waving me over. She seemed to be levitating. I swear I never saw her feet touch the ground. Mentally shaking myself I looked over at Darrell and rolled my eyes. “Would you excuse me one more time?”

He nodded his head and winked when he locked eyes with Amanda. “Sure.”

She seemed to be moving at a fast glide over the dance floor heading right for me. Shaking my head, I met her halfway. When she got to me, she smiled and glanced over at Darrell and waved. I looked over my shoulder just in time to see Darrell lift his drink to her.

“Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you.”  She smiled. “I see you met Darrell. In my heart, I knew you were destined to meet. Let’s just say it was intuition.” She laughed and held up a shiny gold Sheriff’s badge. “I think Darrell dropped this in the bathroom. Would you mind giving it to him?”  She placed the badge in my hand and closed my fingers around it.

“Yeah, sure.” I put the badge in my pocket. “But I need to talk to you about something first. Okay your not going to believe this and I know it sounds crazy but just hear me out.”

Amanda smiled and shook her head. “Okay. I’m listening.”

I cleared my throat. “I have been having these very naughty dreams. These dreams have been extremely intimate and sexually explicit. “ My face turned red and I bit my lip. “If you know what I mean?”

Amanda’s eyes widened. “Go on.”

“This cowboy is the man of my dreams. Now this is the weird part.” I shuffled my feet. And thought she is going to think I’m insane. Taking a deep breath, I went on. “When I saw Darrell standing there I nearly passed out. He wasn’t just a man that lived in my imagination but a real live handsome Southern gentleman.” Darrell was the man I had been dreaming about for the last three months.

“Wow.” Amanda said.

“So you don’t think I’m crazy?” I watched for any sign that she was humoring me and found none.
“Nope. I believe in fate. And as I said before you and Darrell were meant to be.” She grabbed my arm and we started to walk over to the corner. “So tell me more.” A devilish smile played across her face.

I began to tell Amanda about all the juicy details of my naughty dreams. I laughed. “In fact I could tell you where every freckle and dimple is on his sexy body.”

Amanda burst laughing like I had just told her the punch line to the funniest joke she had ever heard.

That’s what I had figured. No one would ever believe this fantastic fantasy. This attraction between this incredible man and me went way past the physical. It felt like a strong bond that intertwined our very souls. “I knew you wouldn’t believe me.” I shook my head and headed back over to Darrell.

When I got to Darrell I couldn’t help but ask the question that was right on the tip of my tongue. “Are you sure we haven’t met before?”

He looked at me quizzically. His lips turned up in a killer smile and he winked. “No I would remember meeting you darlin.” That southern drawl made my toes curl.

I reached into my pocket. “Oh… Amanda said to give this to you.” I took the shiny gold badge from my pocket and held it up.

Darrell held out his hand for me to place the badge in his palm. But something very strange happened as our hands touched the cool metal at the same time. A sudden shock went through me like a spirit passing through a wall. Suddenly the room was spinning, my knees started to buckle and then the everything went dark.

To Be Continued…

Part Three will be up Jan. 13th.

Short Stories By Patsy Anne




16 comments:

Sheri Fredricks said...

Patsy Anne! You better go BICHOK right this very moment!! I'm in love with your story.

Daryl Devore said...

Hanging in waiting for part 3.

Brenda said...

Wow, I can hardly wait for Jan 13th!!!!

Tammy said...

It did not just end that way!!! Grrrr...very nice!

christine warner said...

Loved that...looking forward to your next excerpt!

Mart Ramirez said...

Awesome!

Ella Quinn said...

Wow, can't wait for the next part.

Patsy Anne said...

Sheri, I am in the process of writing the third part. I hated to do it this way but with the Holidays so close I have had no writing time. This story is very close to my heart. Thank you so much for the vote of confidence. I need your comments, and welcome them.Patsy Anne

Patsy Anne said...

Daryl, thanks for encouraging me on. I am new to this story telling thing.I love a good story.Patsy Anne

Patsy Anne said...

Brenda, I don't know if Tabby told you this story is about how I met my husband.So it is really exciting to be telling our story. Thanks for your comments. I feel like sometimes I am out of my league. Thank you so much.

Patsy Anne said...

Tammy, this story is very personal to me. I am currently writing the third part to the story right now. I think you will like the third part.It will have a sudden twist to it. I am loving it already. Thanks for your comments.

Patsy Anne said...

Christine, I love my story too, because it has a lot of meaning to me. It is the story of how me and my husband met, and fell in love. When I first started writing I felt like I was way over my head but then my daughter encouraged me to continue,and I did. So, thanks for your comment. I am Tabby's Mom

Patsy Anne said...

Christine, I love my story too, because it has a lot of meaning to me. It is the story of how me and my husband met, and fell in love. When I first started writing I felt like I was way over my head but then my daughter encouraged me to continue,and I did. So, thanks for your comment. I am Tabby's Mom

Patsy Anne said...

Martha, thanks for your comment. I love writing but I have a lot to learn.

Patsy Anne said...

Martha, thanks for your comment. I love writing but I have a lot to learn.

Patsy Anne said...

Ella, I'm so glad you liked my story. It thrills me to know that you liked it. Thanks for your comment.