Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The "Dating" Game

He's BAAACK!

The last two weeks have been a blur in my world. It's been a good month, as opposed to November, where I got very little done regarding writing or otherwise.

Currently, I'm working on the next story in The Wildsworn, "Silver and Air." I'm hoping to have that off my desk and on to my beta readers by Saturday. It's been a GREAT month for me writing-wise; "Dancing on Flames" started out December at #1 at Noble Romance Publishing and had #5 last week. This week, I'm off the charts, but I finally made it to #1, so I'm really pleased about that. After all the angst I suffered about writing m/m, the early success of "Dancing On Flames" really spurred me back into my writing zone.



The Lesbians Vs. Zombies Line from Noble is ticking right along. My own entry, "Dead Means Dead," is scheduled to release on February 13th, and several of the authors are putting up free reads at http://lvsz.wordpress.com. This is one you'll want to follow, folks!



Also, I'm working on a modern update of "The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow" with the working title The Hollow. This will be a full-length novel and follows a psychic and a ghost debunker who find themselves stalked by The Headless Horseman. (And, of course, it's going to be HOT!)

I just celebrated the 13th anniversary of my 21st birthday, and I cannot believe how fast December's gone by! Now I'm staring Christmas right in the face, and we're getting ready for a very full house, so the holiday insanity is in full swing.

All of this has come at a price, though. I woke up two days ago and said, "Hmm. Gotta get that blog done for Nocturnal Nights." The problem is, now that I'm more energized and back into my "flow," my working day tends to straddle two or three "actual" days, which screws up my internal clock to an unbelievable degree. This is aided by my computer, which has developed a nasty glitch. Seems no matter how rigorously I update my calendar, it fails to alert me one out of three times. That miss rate jumps in direct relation to the importance of NOT missing a date, like THIS one. Something I can skip easily? No problem; I'll get those alerts all day long. So, I'm trying to get that fixed, and I apologize for being so late getting this in.

Before I go, I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, or a Joyous Yule. Whatever you celebrate or however you celebrate it, I hope your holiday season is safe and happy, and that you spend it surrounded by loved ones, friends, and family.

Blessed be, everyone. I hope 2012 is a better year for everyone!

Until next time,

Best,

J.S. Wayne

No comments: