Sunday, September 25th marked my 30th birthday. I know age is just a number, but I'm not sure yet how I feel about 30. I have been thinking about things I've accomplished and have not accomplished the past ten years, and now I have some new ideas for goals for the next ten years. Not that they are in any particular order, but here is my list of 30 things I want to do in my 30's.
1. Complete more manuscripts
2. Get published
3. Watch my son grow into a wonderful young boy. He's 2 now, and though he's not talking, he's a very smart child.
4. Let go of the past. There are still things that bother me, and I haven't completely forgiven and forgotten certain things.
5. Let stress roll off my back instead of always worrying about things. I know that worry is a part of life, but I want to worry and stress less.
6. Travel. I totally need to get out more!
7. Though it's a passion and I probably won't make a major career out of it, I'd love to get some of my photography in magazines and such.
8. Lose weight and stay fit! Ha, good luck to me on that one...
9. Conquer some of my fears.
10. Be comfortable in my own skin, accepting me as I am.
11. Have more confidence.
12. Re-learn the little I knew about playing guitar, and get better.
13. Put my lyrics to melody
14. Maybe release an independent CD. I love to sing, and have wanted to write songs. My best friend has been hinting for years she wants a CD of my music for years. Maybe I'll get that to her sometime this decade, lol.
15. Open up a bookstore. Not just the online Nikkisbookshelf, but an actual brick and mortar store.
16. Become a better writer- I want to learn all that I can about the craft and apply that to my works
17. Go on a storm chasing tour.
18. Become a local Skywarn spotter.
19. Become a better artist- I'd love to be able to draw or paint better
20. Grow a garden- flowers, vegetables, I can't wait to work on the backyard to actually be able to have that!
21. Go back and visit Germany. I wish I could go while my great grandmother is still alive, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to take the family and go.
22. Have a successful career.
23. Become better at speaking- most of the time I stumble over my words and can't say what I need to. Then I have to write it all out.
24. Find a good writing routine and stick to it.
25. Help my husband make any of his dreams come to life- he has all these ideas, but because he's always so busy, he doesn't focus on them as much as he'd like.
26. Show my son the love of reading.
27. Have a better social life. I've become such a hermit lately! I want to go out but then when I get the chance I end up not going.
28. Maybe go back to school. For what, I'm unsure of yet.
29. Have better organization and motivation
30. Live life the best I can!
I hope you don't mind me sharing this list with you.
What are some goals you have set for yourself and have or haven't accomplished?