Thursday, April 21, 2011

Back to vampires: Eric vs. Bill

Okay, so I'm not normally a bragger, but I'd like to take a moment and inform everyone of my new YA Paranormal Short Story release. It's written under my pen name, Laney Styker, and it's titled Texas Vampire Mini-Massacre, and available at ARE, OmniLit, Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other e-book stores. Gypsy Shadow Publishing took this story and I'm very happy with it. Cover artist on this story, as well as most of my stories, is my mother, Linda Varner Palmer. Now...Vampire talk. I'm gonna plead my case for both vamps during this blog. I love Eric and Bill and think both are deserving of Sookie's love. That being said, how can I be objective after seeing the HBO series but already getting to know the characters from reading all the books? I can't. Eric is tall, light and handsome. Bill is not. He is, however, adorable, in my opinion. He's so ordinary, that I love him. The two vamps are really opposites when one looks at them side by side. Blonde/Brunette, Tall/Short, Old/Really Old, Arrogant/Modest Eric's enormous shoulders give me goosebumps, and I look forward to a looooong relationship between he and Sookie in the next book, but wouldn't mind her revisiting the connection with Bill. He'll love her forever, which is how long he will live, and doesn't hide it. Eric, however, is a hard ass with a soft spot for Sookie. What hopeless Romantic doesn't love that scenario? So, I guess I'm back to square one...Bill or Eric?...................BOTH! xxoo JULIE KIMBRELL

No comments: