Thursday, March 10, 2011

Welcome Guest Blogger Mary Abshire


Hello Everyone! Thank you for stopping by.

My name is Mary Abshire and I am a paranormal romance and urban fantasy author in my spare time. I'm somewhat new as a writer with only two books on the market and a third on the way. I love writing. It is an addiction of mine. At least it's healthy.

I write from first person POV and I think my books are somewhat fast paced with suspense, action, and a lot of emotion. I find it easier to write from first person POV versus third or omniscient. Just my style. For me, I enjoy seeing the world from my main character's eyes. Sometimes I get too involved with my main characters and overlook little details, which my editor kindly points out. Thank God for editors!

So, when I'm writing, I want the reader to see from my main character. I want the reader to experience the pain, frustration, worry, and love. It's a bit of challenge, especially when my main character can send evil souls to hell. I had to be creative with how she does it and what she feels. But that is what I love about fiction. I can make up whatever I want.

When I first started writing, I thought sex scenes might be a challenge. Actually, they weren't. Time consuming, yes. Difficult? No. Though my Soul Catcher series is labeled erotic romance, I think the reader will find the romance not much different from other paranormal romance books.

Curious to know about my work?

Claiming the Evil Dead Blurb:

Half-demon Jessie Garrett is searching for an evil vampire that's been preying upon children. She wants to claim the rogue vamp's soul and send it to hell. To find the dead man walking she must partner with another bloodsucker, Drake, even though she doesn't trust him. While Jessie works with Drake, she learns not all vampires are killers and discovers the cold-blooded vamp is a temptation too difficult to resist.

After the fiend abducts another child and Jessie has a near fatal experience with vampires, she turns to Jeremy, a demon she bumped into at a club, and makes a deal with him for his help. Drake disapproves, and Jessie soon finds herself wedged between two volatile creatures. When the chance comes to save the child's life and claim the evil vamp's soul, she must decide whom she can trust—a vampire who cools her feverish desires, or a demon hell-bent on seducing her.

Catching an Evil Tail Blurb:

Half-demon Jessie Garrett wants to live a normal life among her friends and keep her soul catching ability a secret, but supernatural creatures keep popping up in her world. Adding to her struggles, her vampire lover remains out of the country, and when he offers no valuable explanation as to why he hasn't returned, she wonders if she should move on without him.

As if Jessie doesn't have enough worries on her mind, the demon yearning to seduce her shows up at her home. She longs to liberate herself from the debt she owes him, and when he asks for her help, she jumps at the chance to make a new deal with him—one that will guarantee her freedom. The only catch? She has to send the soul of a werewolf to hell.

Love, trust, and loyalty are on the line. Torn between her feelings for her vampire boyfriend, a hot Alpha wolf, and a demon vowing to protect her, Jessie must figure out her heart's true desires.

My Bio:

I am a part-time Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy author living in Indianapolis with my loving husband, witty daughter, and ridiculous cat. The paranormal world has always been an interest of mine. I grew up watching Sci-Fi and Horror shows. As a teenager--many, many years ago—I read Anne Rice and wrote to pen-pals (stamps were cheap and computers weren't in every household). Though I dropped the pen for a while, my love for the paranormal continued. I started writing full length novels a few years ago and haven't stopped. Not only do I love stories about vampires, I enjoy books with demons, werewolves, shapeshifters, dragons, and just about any supernatural creature.

I am a PRO member of the Romance Writers Association and Fantasy, Futuristic, and Paranormal Chapter.

Where to find me:





Buy links:




No comments: