Monday, February 28, 2011

Older Heroine, Young Hero

I realized that all of my heroines so far have been older than my heroes. I’m not talking about a 40-year-old woman and a 25 year old man. My heroines so far have been supernatural creatures like faery women, goddesses and vampires so they are usually hundreds of years old. My heroines so far are also experienced sexually so they usually do the seducing. I guess they would be super cougars.


Why did I do that? I wasn’t even aware of what I was doing at first. I’m not older than my husband and I don’t go out chasing younger guys. Younger guys are nice to look at, but I like older men. I was thinking that maybe an older woman and a younger man might be a fantasy of mine. At 40 something, I could be a cougar. It does kind of sound like fun even though I wouldn’t act on it. It would even be a better fantasy if I were an ancient vampire hunting for young prey. Why not? There are weirder fantasies.

I was wondering what readers thought about the older woman/younger man scenario. A lot of romances have virgin heroines. And oddly, the book I am working on now has a virgin heroine. I wanted to try something different. It is kind of fun reliving my virginal days to create this heroine.

So what’s your preference? An older, experienced woman or a virgin?

Kelley Heckart
'Timeless tales of romance, conflict & magic'
http://kelleysrealm.blogspot.com/ Check out my long hair hotties!



No comments: